The reason I've decided to rock the "no makeup" look is because today is my mini-detox from makeup. Yes, I am still wearing quite a number of products, but they are for the purpose of evening out my skin tone. This little detox has helped me realize that I don't need to wear a full face of makeup every day. There was a time (not so long ago) when I wouldn't dream of going outside my house mascara-less, but I have changed my opinion in the past few months. As I get older, I feel more comfortable with myself and in my own skin. I find taking things back a notch can help me to realize my own natural beauty while also helping me to appreciate how wearing more makeup enhances what I already have. But for now, I just want to look like myself... minus the extras.
How do you feel about "no makeup" makeup? Do you like to take a detox from makeup every now and then? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
What I'm wearing on my face:
- Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
- Vichy Dermablend Foundation Stick in 11 Porcelain (to cover blemishes)
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (for under eye bags)
- Clarins Ever Matte Powder
- Nars Amour Blush
- Benefit Hoola
- Lancome Powder Pencil for Brows in Sable
- Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom
Thanks for reading.