Sunday 23 February 2014

Cheap Thrills: A Nail Polish Dupe for Essie Lovers

Happy Sunday friends! Today I present to you a very impressive dupe for Essie Nail Polish at the insanely low price of $2 (not joking!). I received this nail polish from my best friend for my birthday last year and didn't give it a second thought until trying it a few weeks later, only to be stunned with it's performance. I'm a devout Essie Nail Polish lover, loving the range for it's unique colors and smooth, opaque formula that applies perfectly in two coats or less. If I didn't know any better, I would think this nail polish was an amped up Essie nail polish, as I think it's even better than Essie. Enter the Pure Ice Nail Polish. 

Gracing my fingertips is the Pure Ice Nail Polish in Bikini, a very pretty and springtime-appropriate pastel blue. This puppy is a one coat wonder! Pictured above is my nails with merely one coat of polish looking almost like candy on the nails. As a test, I have been wearing this single coat of polish for three days and it still has yet to chip. The formula feels thick without the clumps and glides onto the nails like butter. This formula applies in a uniform layer without any streaking and dries to a smooth and glossy candy-coated finish. I have already received compliments from a girl working at Shoppers Drugmart wondering if I was sporting the new Essie Spring Collection (to which I was happy to inform her of my discovery). The Pure Ice range is available at Walmart for the amazing price of $2! If you are tired of spending $10 a piece on Essie polishes, I highly recommend picking up one or two of these to see for yourself. I also own a purple shade in the Pure Ice called Jail Bait which performs just as impressively. I think these nail polishes are massively under-hyped and deserve Essie Dupe status!

Have you tried the Pure Ice nail polish range? Will you be purchasing one to update your nails for spring?

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment