Monday 17 February 2014

A Rosy Outlook: Rose-Inspired Makeup Bits

Roses. I love them. Although makeup is a big hobby of mine, I've always loved gardening. I remember spending hours out in my grandfather's garden as a little girl,  helping him to plant, prune and weed to produce a beautifully blooming chaos each summer. I have always been inspired by flora and fauna, and I sometimes look to flowers as an inspiration for makeup looks. As a result, I am a complete sucker for any shade of lipstick or blush that resembles the color of a rosy bloom. Roses come in such gorgeous hues, from the palest of pinks to the richest reds. As spring time is approaching, I like to don rosy pinks and reds from time to time as a pretty alternative to the neons and corals so often seen in spring makeup collections. Here are my pick of some gorgeous rose-inspired products for rosy cheeks and rose bud lips:

LISE WATIER HAUTE COULEUR GLOSS IN SIGNATURE
Lise Watier is a Canadian brand that I don't hear much about in the beauty community and I am new to the brand myself. I am thoroughly impressed with this lipgloss, if it is any indication of the rest of the line. This gloss is a lovey dusty rose color with a hint of plum. This gloss is so feminine and pretty for daytime freshness.

LANCOME ROUGE IN LOVE IN #163 DANS SES BRAS
Lancome has some beautiful shades of rose (the rose is the signature Lancome logo!) and this Rouge in Love lipstick is no exception. This rich pinky red is such a unique colour that looks neither completely red nor pink and reminds me of deep pink roses. A lovely color to wear on an evening out paired with a slick of eyeliner and peach blush. I love this as an alternative to a red lip.

ESTEE LAUDER PURE COLOR LIPSTICK IN #18 BOIS DE ROSE
The shade of this lipstick literally translates to "rosewood" and I think it's a lovely day time pink to sport. This pink is my favorite kind of pink, it is warm toned with lots of brown pigment to look really natural. I tend to find that pink lipsticks can look a bit much on light skins but this Estee Lauder offering ticks all the boxes when it comes to a gorgeous natural rosy pink with a creamy finish.

LANCOME COLOR DESIGN LIPSTICK IN PALE LIP
When I think of pale pink roses in lipstick form, this Lancome offering comes to mind. This is a pretty pale nude pink perfect for those who enjoy sporting a soft, pale lip. This is even more lovely with a slick of gloss in the center of the lips to make them looks plump and pouty.

DIOR ROUGE DIOR IN #941 ROUGE CANNAGE
This shade of red is very close to the shade of my own roses pictured above. It's a gorgeous rich red that leans towards the warm end of the spectrum. This lipstick is gorgeous for creating that Old Hollwood inspired lip that is reminiscent of a red rose. Super classy.

NARS BLUSH IN AMOUR
This blush is unique to my collection and looks stunning swiped across the cheeks. The blush is really pigmented and creates a matte deep rose flush to the cheeks that makes you look as if you had just come in from the cold. Amazing to pair with a rose-inspired lip.

Are you inspired by nature as I am? I hope I've inspired you all to look like Disney princesses with rosy lips and cheeks.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment