Monday 22 September 2014

My Favorite Nudes (Lip Edition)

Top Left to Right: Clinique Chubby Stick Intense- Curviest Caramel, Rodial Glamstick- Bite, Lancome Rouge in Love- 200B Lasting Kiss, Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G.- Bitch Perfect, Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G.- Penelope Pink

In the past few months, I've really fallen in love with nude lips. Historically, I've been the girl who sports red lipstick to the grocery store, a bright lip on a night out and a vampy lip for the holiday season. Since finishing university and entering into the real world, I've become much more subdued in my makeup looks on the whole. Nude lips have become my go-to look and I love how the subtle colors help to enhance the lips to make them look full and pouty without looking overdone. I think nude lips are a classic look that will never go out of style and there's a shade out there to suit everyone, it just takes a little trial and error to find the one. Being a lady with fair skin and light hair, I find that I suit rosy natural lipsticks with a pink undertone. As much I would would love to rock a beige nude or peachy nude, it just makes me look ill (although I love the look on others). Here are my five favorite nude lipsticks of the moment:

CLINIQUE CHUBBY STICK INTENSE IN CURVIEST CARAMEL
The darkest lippie of the bunch, this is a great color for every day. It's a very flattering neutral rose that I imagine would look great on a variety of skin tones. It's pigmented enough that it could be worn with minimal makeup and have the focus be on the pretty rosy lips.

RODIAL GLAMSTICK IN BITE
This is a very pale pink nude that I was surprised to find very wearable. I love it on it's own with a nude lip liner to make the lips look full or also worn in combination with the other lipsticks mentioned here to make them paler without that "concealer" look. This is technically a colored lip balm, but it's really long lasting and super hydrating. It also has a beautiful coconut fragrance.

LANCOME ROUGE IN LOVE LIPSTICK IN 200B LASTING KISS
This is the peachiest nude of the bunch, the first nude lipstick that I ever liked and one that I've nearly used up. It's got a hint of peach which goes well with most makeup looks and was my most worn lipstick of last year. It has permanent residence in my handbag and is my slap on and go lipstick for everyday.

CHARLOTTE TILBURY K.I.S.S.I.N.G. IN BITCH PERFECT
One of my favorite lipsticks of the moment. A fantastic neutral pink that looks amazing on the lips. I'm such a fan of the finish of the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks and they are hands down my favorite formula of lipstick. This pink is neutral enough to be considered a nude and is a pinker version of my own lip color. Just beautiful.

CHARLOTTE TILBURY K.I.S.S.I.N.G. IN PENELOPE PINK
My other favorite lipstick of the moment and maybe ever. A delicious beige-pink lipstick that has holy grail status. When I wear this lipstick, I think it looks like I've had my lips done. I wear this on a daily basis (when I'm not sporting Bitch Perfect) and it manages to look great with simple makeup looks as well as more heavy smokey eye looks.

I highly recommend all of these lip colors, especially if you are of a fair to light skin tone. If you happen to know of colors similar to these, please give me your recommendations!

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I have wanted to get a nude lipstick...but I have NO idea what shade/color would suit my dark hair and fair (but not pale) complexion. Suggestions???

    ReplyDelete