Wednesday 3 September 2014

August Favorites

Good day everyone! Labour day has come and gone, so it's time to get into fall mode! I worked quite a bit in the month of August and it seems like I went back to the same makeup look every day. I mentioned a few posts ago that I've been trying to use up some of my current makeup products as a motivation to purchase some new things (I currently have some Charlotte Tilbury bits on route to me!). Most of the products I've been using, I have fallen out of love with, but continue to use them so as to not be wasteful. That being said, there have been a handful of products that I've really fallen in love with over the past month. Here are the five standouts that I've thoroughly enjoyed using:

LISE WATIER 24 HRS GLAM EYESHADOW IN BRONZE GLAM
The 2014 fall collection for Lise Watier is so stunning. This eyeshadow stick happens to be a part of the collection and it comes in five completely stunning bronze and jewel-toned shades. I picked up the shade Bronze Glam which is a true neutral bronze with copper and silver shimmer running through it. Sounds like a flashy color but is actually perfect for slapping on all over the lid for a simple smokey eye. Add a coat of mascara and you are running out the door. I love how versatile this product is as it can be used in so many different ways. I use it on it's own all over the lid, as an eyeliner for smokey definition, and as an eyeshadow base for a sultry smokey eye. It's creamy and blendable for about 30 seconds before it sets and becomes completely waterproof until you decided to wash it off.

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS BROW WHIZ IN ASH BLONDE
This brow pencil has taken the cake for my holy grail eyebrow product. Ash Blonde is the perfect color for my light eyebrows that makes them look so defined without looking drawn on. This is the most idiot-proof, natural looking brow product I have ever come across and I can never be without it again. It comes in a great range of cool toned colors which look so convincing.

PUR MINERALS 4 IN 1 PRESSED MINERAL MAKEUP
The battle with my skin continues as I anxiously await my appointment with the dermatologist. I've recently started using this mineral foundation in place of liquid foundations in order to let my skin breathe. Since I've switched over to this powder three weeks ago, I have not acquired any new cystic bumps, which makes me very happy. Although this powder can be built up to be very high coverage, I appreciate how it mimics the look of real skin when I used my Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray to set the powder. Another great feature about this product is that it tends to look better as the day goes on, something I've never experienced with any other foundation before. I love coming home at the end of a 12 hour shift and look in the mirror to see my skin looks nearly flawless and glowy.

CLINIQUE CHUBBY STICK INTENSE IN CURVIEST CARAMEL
This is my first traditional chubby stick for lips and I'm loving it so much. I really have to say that I'm definitely over the chubby stick alternatives that every brand seems to be producing these days. It's not that there's anything wrong with having a lipstick in pencil form, but I am certainly more of a purist who will always take a traditional lipstick tube over a pencil any day. The reason I'm so crazy about this chubby stick is that the color is the perfect rosey nude that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing lipstick at all. Secondly, it feels incredibly moisturizing on the lips. Lastly, it doesn't fade to leave that weird ring of color along the outside of my lips (something I've experienced with every other lip pencil). I love wearing this in the workplace but I also find it useful to throw on with a smokey eye when I don't want something too overpowering. Two thumbs up!

BATH AND BODY WORKS TRIPLE MOISTURE BODY CREAM IN CASHMERE GLOW
I picked this up on a whim after running out of my last body lotion. In all of my days, I've never received so many compliments about how good I'm smelling. I'm not the best at describing scents, but the tube says that it has notes of golden peach, shimmering vanilla and cashmere musk. It's far from fruity but has a sultry sweetness about it that is subtle yet intoxicating. It smells slightly nutty to me as well.  In my What's in my Shower post (check it out here), I mentioned that I wanted a scent that matched my Dove Purely Pampering Body Wash in Pistachio Cream and Magnolia, and this body cream makes the most heavenly combination of smells.

So there's the lineup for the last month of summer. I'm so ready to dive into red lips, coppery eyeshadows and tons of eyeliner. What were you loving in the month of August?

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment