Monday 9 December 2013

Mix and Match: One Gloss, Three Ways

With the many festive gatherings in the month of December, it is essential to be prepared. I thought it would be a good idea to feature one product with many uses that can be used to glam up some favorites that you may already have in your own collection. December is generally an expensive month (Christmas presents, going out, eating out, etc) and buying one multi-tasking product can allow you to make very different looks for the price of one product. In all of the pictures below, I am wearing minimal makeup (not even eyeshadow!) as it is all about the lips, to demonstrate how dressing up your pout for the holidays is so simple. This could come in really handy when transforming your makeup from day to night, it's as easy as a swipe of lipstick and gloss (even if it is in the backseat of a Jiffy cab). I have chosen Revlon Colorburst Gloss in #006 Strawberry, a bright fuschia gloss with a fine glitter running throughout. A perfect addition to your holiday beauty bag.





Look One: Pink Liner + Fuschia Gloss: For the first look, I went for a simple look that uses a pink liner to define and color in the lips (I used Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Liner in #007 Rose Quartz). The liner is a great pigmented base for the gloss and it will help the gloss stay put for longer.

Look Two: Deep Berry Lipstick + Fushcia Gloss: Don't put your plum/wine/berry lipsticks away yet ladies! Layering a hot pink gloss over a wine colored lipstick will create the ultimate glamorous, dramatic look. I used Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in #107 (a personal favorite) as the base and coated the whole thing in the hot pink gloss. Though I pared down my makeup for this look, I think it would be stunning if paired with a vintage-gold eyeshadow.

Look Three: Classic Red Lipstick + Fuschia Gloss: If you haven't already figured it out, I'm a huge fan of red lips. You can use any red lipstick for this look, I used Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in #725 Love that Red (This shade has been around since 1951!). I used the gloss just in the center of the mouth to make the lips look fuller, a great tip for girls with thin lips.

I really enjoyed playing around with different lip products to achieve these looks and I encourage you to experiment with your own combinations for new looks. Are there any unexpected lip combinations that you like to wear? Please let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment