Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas Eve Makeup

Merry Christmas Eve! I can't believe TOMORROW is Christmas. I am currently feeling so happy to be home with my family. Blasting Hanson's Snowed In Christmas album (yes, I'm aware it's no longer the 90's) is helping me feel extra-Christmasy. On to the makeup! I figured I would put up a short post of my makeup because I'm so happy with the way it turned out. I'm aware that this is the most predictable Christmas Eve makeup look, but I don't care (there's a reason it's a classic!). I decided to go for bold glittery bronzed smokey eyes AND a bold orangey red pout, because what other time of the year could I get away with it? I also used a hefty amount of bronzer to add definition to my ghostly-pale face, and I think it helps to balance out the heavy color on the eyes and lips. The addition of a subtle peach blush helped to bring a healthy flush to the cheeks.




Here's what I used:

Base: I first primed my face with Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch to create a smooth and even base. I then applied Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in 1W1 Bone. To conceal and highlight under the eyes, the sides of the nose and around the mouth, I used Clarins Eclat Minute in #01. To prevent any shine in photos, I applied Clarins Ever Matte Powder in #00 Transparent Opal to the center of the face (forehead, nose, chin).

Cheeks: To sculpt and define the face I applied The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in #03 under the cheekbones, on the temples and along the jawline. For a flush of healthy color I applied Lancome Blush Subtil in Blushing Tresor high on the cheeks and up towards the temples in a C-shape. 

Brows: My brows are now much lighter than they were a month ago, so I filled them in with the matte shade, Naked from the original Urban Decay Naked Palette. I used Maybelline's Great Lash Clear Mascara to set the brows in place.

Eyes: I started by lining the eyes and waterline with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Demolition and smudged it in for a smokey base. I then applied Buck from the Naked Palette all over the lid and blended it into the crease with a fluffy brush. I also applied Buck along the bottom lash line and smudged it out. For the finishing touch, I applied Dior Diorshow Fusion Mono in #661 Meteore all over the lid with my finger, which helped to add a gorgeous glittery finish to the smokey eye. I finished with two coats of my favorite mascara, Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara for thick, dramatic lashes. 

Lips: I used Dior Rouge Dior Lipstick in #844 Trafalgar for a pop of super-festive orange toned red. I think this color looks great with blonde hair and pale skin.

Nails: I wanted traditional red nails for Christmas this year and I chose the lovely Maybelline Color Show in Keep Up the Flame to match my lipstick. 

I know it seems like a lot of makeup... and it is, but it's the holiday season and I like to put extra effort into my makeup looks. And I encourage you to step outside your usual makeup looks to try out some glamorous festive looks (jewel-toned eyes, red lips, lots of highlighter, etc).

Happy Christmas to all of my lovely readers, I am so thankful for the overwhelming support of Newfound Beauty Blog in the past two months and I look forward to the coming new year! I wish you all a safe and happy holiday.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment