Saturday 24 January 2015

A Thorough Review: NARS Amour

For the first time in a very very long time, I've worn the same blush for 21 days. Yes, that's probably not a big deal to anybody else but it definitely demonstrates that I really do have too much makeup. I've made it a personal challenge this year to Project Pan a handful of items in my stash and NARS Amour happens to be one of them. After sporting this blush for three weeks, I've definitely made up my mind about it and I'm here to share my thoughts about it with you.

PIGMENTATION
This is the most pigmented blush in my collection. A light tap of a brush into the pan will give you enough blush for a subtle flush on the cheeks. Swirling your brush into the pan will most definitely produce clown cheeks. It's very easy to go overboard with this blush and I have to stamp off most of the blush on the back of my hand before going anywhere near my face. For this reason, I think this is not a blush for beginners. I recommend a very very light application and build until you receive the desired flush.

COLOR
Amour is so unique in color and nearly indescribable. It appears to be a deep pink in the pan but when applied on the skin. becomes something much more. It becomes a wash of rosy pink with warm undertones and a hint of red. It is the closest blush I have come across that resembles a true flush. It's nearly exactly the same color that my cheeks turn when I blush. It appears as if you have been frolicking in the cold all day long. I've always been a fan of neutral and peachy blushes but I've really enjoyed wearing a "pinched cheek" look during January.

FINISH
Matte. The sheen on the top of my cheeks in the above photo is MAC Soft and Gentle highlighter.

LONGEVITY
This blush performs like no other. When I wash my face at night, my blush looks freshly applied. It does not fade and it stays in place all day. It brings the term "long wearing" to a whole new level.

TECHINIQUE:
I have experimented with a few placements of this blush on the face and my favorite is to sweep it high on the cheeks and towards the ears to add definition and contour to the face. Although it also looks lovely on the apples of the cheeks. As I mentioned above, I like to remove most of the product off on the back of my hand before applying to the cheeks. I like to follow by blending it into the cheeks with a clean powder blush to really work it into the skin. My favorite way to wear Amour is on it's own with a pretty highlighter on the cheekbones I am sporting it in the above photo with Benefit Hoola Bronzer but I prefer the pale skin and pink cheeks.

OVERALL GRADE: A+

All in all, I've really grown to adore this blush. It makes me sad that I had not given it a proper go after owning it for over a year but it makes me happy to discover great products I already own. NARS Amour is a well-loved blush by women of many different skin tones and I would recommend to anyone looking for a flushed/pregnant/just ran a mile/just came in from the cold- look.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. It's rude to say clown effect! Some ppl like it heavier or lighter than you! You wouldn't like someone saying ur hair is scraggly just cuz it's not thick

    ReplyDelete