Tuesday 2 December 2014

November Favorites


Does anyone else feel like November flew by? In the hustle and bustle of the last month, my makeup routine did not change very much. I have been wearing similar looks throughout autumn and there are only a handful of products that stood out in my makeup bag this month. I've been busy working what feels like endless shifts over the past month, so my looks have been minimal and work appropriate. Though I haven't made many product discoveries, there are a few bits that I've come back to time and time again.

Here's what I've been enjoying in the month of November:

MILANI BROW SHAPING CLEAR GEL
I've really never felt the need to spend more than a few dollars on a brow gel. Although I love my former Essence Brow Gel, I found that it distributed way too much product on my brows so I would have to wipe off the majority of the product on a tissue before applying. Since the Milani Brow Shaping Clear Gel came into my life, it's made my brow routine an absolute breeze. It has a tiny brush which is the perfect size to shape and groom the brows into place without looking heavy or cakey. This product retails for around the 5 dollar mark and it's a definite must have.

NARS LUSTRE BLUSH
I'm back to loving peachy blush and NARS Lustre is a thing of beauty. It's a gorgeous copper-peach shade with a shimmer that looks amazing on the cheeks. Although it looks scary in the pan, it's actually a great shade that fair girls can wear as well. This is definitely one of my favorite blushes that looks pretty on my warm-toned skin that pairs well with nearly any makeup look.

SONIA KASHUK VELVETY MATTE LIP CRAYON IN PINKY NUDE
This pencil is a complete dupe for the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. The shade of this lip color is stunning and I love to wear it with a nudey pink lipliner and occasionally with a gloss over the top. My only gripe with this product is that it's matte texture is unforgiving on my dry lips that have come about with the chilly weather. I find wearing a gloss over the top helps to seal in some moisture. but reapplying throughout the day is impossible for me without first applying a lip balm.

BURTS BEES TINTED LIP BALMS
To combat my horrifically dry lips, I've been wearing these lovely little tinted lip balms on the daily. Blossom, a light pink, has been a long-standing favorite, but Red Dahlia is a sheer red that I've been enjoying recently. The color pay off is sheer and unoffensive but perfect for busy nurses like myself.

GOSH COSMETICS FOREVER EYE SHADOW STICK
Another swipe-and-go product for early mornings. I'm really impressed by the formula of these eye shadow sticks from Gosh which literally do not budge all day. They have a pretty metallic finish without any sparkle fall-out. I have the shade light copper which is a pretty golden copper that looks great against blue eyes and actually looks as if I've put a lot more effort into my makeup than I really did. I literally swipe the stick all over my lids and blend the edges in with my finger.

LE CHATEAU GOLD NECKLACE
I'm a big fan of gold accessories and this simple long gold necklace is my go-to necklace for jazzing up nearly any outfit. I love the look of a long necklace paired with a chunky sweater or even with a little black dress. I've gotten a lot of use out of this necklace and I would love to get another necklace of similar style in a silver tone for variety. I'm sure I'll continue to sport this classy necklace throughout the holiday season.

So there sums up my favorites of the month of November. What have you been loving in the past month?

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment