Sunday 26 October 2014

The Holy Grail: My Favorite Brow Product



Bare Brow vs Anastasia Brow Whiz
Happy Sunday ladies and gents. Today I'm going to discuss a product that has been well used and abused by myself for a long time. The item in question is the highly coveted Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz. A part of me wishes that my brow whiz was in better condition for photography purposes but I guess that just makes it all the more realistic. Most of the letters have been rubbed off the pencil and the brow comb has seen better days but it has truly earned Holy Grail Status within my collection.

The Perfect Shade
Anyone with light/fair eyebrows will know the struggles of finding a suitable brow product that actually mimics the look of real eyebrow hairs. I've tried a number of brow products, from brow powders, to pencils to tinted gels but nothing ever looked quite right. Most other brow products for light hair have a weird warm caramel tone that looks very unnatural. Eyebrows should always be enhanced with ashy grey toned pencils/powders. The shade taupe (once called ash blonde) is the perfect soft brown that leans very ashy. This color adds definition and shape to my fair eyebrows without screaming "Hey! I drew on my eyebrows!".

The Perfect Formula
I love that the brow whiz is a combination of pigment and wax in a pencil form. The super fine tip easily draws tiny strokes that look like real hairs. The waxy formula also helps to keep your brow hairs in place and prevent them from going unruly throughout the day. If you are someone with bushy eyebrows like myself, you may still require a clear brow gel to keep caterpillar brows in check.

Easy Application
One of the most fool-proof brow products ever. I like to make small strokes all across my brows and fill in any gaps where I can see skin. I finish by brushing through the brow with the convenient little spoolie on the other end of the pencil which blends the product seamlessly into the hair. This step takes me about thirty seconds of my time getting ready each morning.

Holy Grail Status? Absolutely. I can't go a day without it.

What are your favorite eye brow products? Have you tried the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz?


1 comment:

  1. I just love Gimme Brow from Benefit, it does wonders to my brows. I must admit though, they have only 2 shades and that can be a bit of a problem for a lot of people, but luckily the light one is perfect for my brows. A lot of people love The Archery from Soap and Glory, I might give that one a try.

    http://sowhatsfashionabout.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete