Saturday 23 August 2014

What's in my Shower Part II

There's nothing like having a gander in someone's shower. For reasons unknown, I get a great kick out of knowing what products people around me use on a daily basis. It's probably not very exciting, but these are the current workhorses for making me smell and look acceptable on a daily basis. I'm not necessarily committed to this group of products and I'm sure that in a few weeks the contents of my shower stall will look much different. Although I'm mad about makeup, I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to shampoos and body wash. I'm a minimalist in that it drives me bonkers to have multiples of the same product cluttering up the shelves of my shower at any given time. You will never see me with three bottles of shampoo in rotation, it messes with my shower zen. My rule for a streamlined bathroom is simple, one goes in, one comes out. Here's the current line up of what's in my shower:

TIGI BED HEAD SELF ABSORBED HIGH NUTRIENT SHAMPOO
I'm not going to lie, I bought this shampoo purely because it smells great. It sort of reminds me of a citrusy candy and I'm tempted to give it a taste every time I use it. I would say that it's a good shampoo for my hair type. It's nice for fine hair as it's just moisturizing enough without weighing down my hair and it produces very sleek and shiny results. I love how the scent lasts for days in my hair without being overpowering.

TIGI BED HEAD SELF ABSORBED HIGH NUTRIENT CONDITIONER
No surprises here. The matching conditioner to the shampoo. I like to finger-comb it through my ends and leave in it my hair while I shave my legs as mini-hair mask. I like that it immediately detangles my forever knotty hair the second I massage it in. Again, it smells good enough to eat. I just wish the conditioner matched the size of the shampoo.

ALBA BOTANICAL CREAM SHAVE IN MANGO VANILLA
I don't often use natural/organic products, but this one caught my eye at the grocery store. I was hoping that this would be a more affordable/longer lasting alternative to my favorite EOS Shave Cream but I am left very disappointed. It's a thick cream that is smoothed onto the legs like a shave gel and helps to moisturize the legs while your shave. My major gripe is that there is no way to use this product without it clogging up your razor. The cream is so thick that it literally cannot be washed away from the blades. It makes the shaving process even less enjoyable and I can't wait to use it up. I would not recommend this shave cream.

AVENE CLEANANCE GEL
I like to have a cleanser in the shower for washing my face in the mornings. I like this one because it's a foaming face wash that rinses clean and helps fight acne. This happens to be my cleanser du jour.

DOVE PURE PAMPERING BODY WASH IN PISTACHIO CREAM AND MAGNOLIA
It's been a very long time since I've used a Dove body wash, but I couldn't be happier with this purchase. Dove has come a long way from the body wash I once used as a teen. The smell of the original body wash always made me slightly queasy. The scent of pistachios and magnolia smells like something straight out of a Bath and Body Works autumn fragrance collection. The formula of the body wash is super thick and moisturizing on the skin. I just wish there was a matching body lotion to accompany this dreamy body wash. I will definitely be repurchasing after this is used up and I would like to see if the other scents are just as delicious.

DOVE MEN CARE AQUA IMPACT BODY WASH
Just thought I would stick this in as I share my shower with my boyfriend. Nick always smells great and this is his body wash in rotation at the moment. If your man is needed a new body wash, I would highly recommend this very fresh and zingy manly scent. It's so good that I'm occasionally tempted to use it myself!

So there ends part II of my What's in My Shower Series. What products are taking up residence in your shower?

Thanks for reading.





2 comments:

  1. I love your little product shelf in the shower, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling! I love having everything organized in front of me :D Thanks for commenting! xo

      Delete