Sunday 25 May 2014

Lipstick Mood Ring: Happy Red Lips

Happy Sunday friends! I like to think that lipstick directly correlates with your mood. I find that the color of lipstick I choose often reflects how I am feeling that day. For instance, today I'm having a very blah day that will consist of studying and other mundane activities, but after a swipe of red lipstick I'm feeling more energized and ready to conquer the day. Red lips are definitely one of my favorite makeup looks and I certainly haven't been sporting them enough. Instead of waiting for a special occasion, I think I'll start pulling out the red lipstick on the icky days when I am in desperate need of a mood booster. Red lips don't have to be scary for daytime as long as you keep everything simple. Today I'm sporting a touch of cream blush for some color to the cheeks, a pale gold eyeshadow and a coat of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes. My red pout du jour is thanks to my gorgeous red-orange lippie, Rouge Dior in 844 Trafalgar. Definitely one of my all time favorite lipsticks that never fails to make me feel happy and stand a little taller.

What lipstick shade makes you feel happy? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely lipstick! MACs Lady Danger makes me really happy and it's a very similar shade. Recently I also love Revlon's Shameless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everytime I watch a tutorial where someone uses Lady Danger, I immediately feel the need to put on a red lip. It looks so gorgeous, I'm happy to hear that Lady Danger is so similar :) Revlon Shameless looks like such a daring color! How do you like the Matte Balm formula? I have yet to try them because I can't decide on a shade. I've seen a few blog posts of people wearing "sultry" and it looks like the perfect vintagey rose color, the dark red "standout" looks intriguing as well. Thanks for commenting doll :D xo

      Delete