Monday 15 December 2014

The Holy Grail: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess

Left-Right: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Bronzer, Benefit Hoola Bronzer
I have a new bronzer in my collection and it deserves it's own post. After watching one of my favorite Youtubers, Barbara from The Persian Babe (check out the link to watch her videos), I purchased her favorite bronzer, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer. Although Barbara is a few shades darker than myself, I picked up the lightest offering of the bunch called 01 Light. The bronzer comes in four shades which include 01 Light, 02 Medium, 03 Medium Deep and 4 Deep. It retails for $40 CAD which is definitely pricey but it comes with a whopping 21 grams of product. For reference, the ever popular Benefit Hoola Bronzer is $36 CAD and comes with 8 grams of product. Hence, it is not insanely expensive relative to the amount of the product you get. I'm sure that with daily use this puppy could last well over a year... not that we need to justify every purchase. Here is a quick breakdown of what I love about this bronzer and why you should consider picking one up if you so happen to be in the market for one!

Disclaimer: I happen to be a person that the world's beloved Benefit Hoola does not suit. I've been trying very hard to use it up to buy another bronzer but I am tired of wearing something that makes my skin look slightly ill and grey. Hoola is a very cool-toned bronzer with grey undertones which many people use as a contour or all-over bronzing powder. Hoola and Bronze Goddess are very very different in tone and if you like cool-toned products, Bronze Goddess is not for you. See comparison pictures above for reference.

PACKAGING: Tortoise shell- the classiest packaging ever. Not that packaging matters, but you know. I love how pretty this looks on my vanity.

COLOR: I love how Bronze Goddess has a very coppery burnt red undertone. This type of color is best for mimicking a realistic sun tan on the face without looking orange AT ALL. The product looks incredibly dark and scary in the pan but blends seamlessly into the skin. I've never seen another bronzer that pulls off a burnt coppery tone without looking super orange and fake on the skin. When I wear this bronzer, it reminds me of the type of products the Victoria's Secret Angels wear on their skin to make them look like they've spent a month in Tahiti. I think this color could look great on a variety of skin tones (warm and neutral) while shade 02 medium has rosy tones that could look more flattering on cool-toned girls.

FINISH: The bronzer appears to have gold shimmer running through it in the pan but it does not translate onto the face. Instead, it has a satin-matte finish that makes the skin look glowy without any glitter or shine. It can be used to contour the face but I like to use it all over the forehead, cheeks and nose to make myself look like I've been out in the sun.

APPLICATION: I apply the bronzer with my Real Techniques Blush Brush for a sheer application of product. I end up dipping into the bronzer a few times to get the color I want but I find it easier to start with a small amount of product on the face and build up the intensity slowly. It applies smoothly without looking powdery or streaky. It feels very silky to the touch when swatching with fingers.

OVERALL: 10/10

I have nothing bad to say about the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Bronzer and it has already become a holy grail product in the short amount of time I've had it. I think this is a beautiful product for those who like that sun-kissed look and would make a gorgeous gift that would last a very long time. For now I think I've found the one and I won't be purchasing another bronzer any time soon.

Have you tried the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Bronzer? Do you prefer warm or cool toned bronzers?

Thanks for reading.


6 comments:

  1. So many people seem to love this product, though I find it a bit expensive. But then again, you seem to get a lot for what you pay and the quality seems amazing. Great review!
    http://sowhatsfashionabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot recommend this bronzer enough. Such a lovely product and it makes me happy pulling out that beautiful tortoise shell compact every day. Thanks for commenting doll! xo

      Delete
  2. This bronzer looks amazing on you! And that is one of my all time favorite brushes.
    xo Chelsea
    http://chelseapearl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chelsea! I feel like it really suits me. I love the RT Blush Brush for sheer/controlled application of bronzer, it's great for blush too. Thanks for commenting :D

      Delete
  3. Hi love this review... is this bronzer lighter than hoola?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi love this review... is this bronzer lighter than hoola?

    ReplyDelete